In an effort to recognise emerging young medical science journalists and their contribution towards public understanding of science, the World Health Summit, will for the fourth time present the “Next Generation of Science Journalists” Award. The award is a cooperation of World Health Summit, Deutsches Ärzteblatt, the European Union of Science Journalists’ Associations (EUSJA), and the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
Five outstanding young candidates will be invited to participate in the World Health Summit 2015, held from October 11-13 at the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin.
More than 1,200 participants from all health-related areas will be present at the Summit – from Nobel Prize laureates and Ministers to CEOs, internationally leading researchers and future leaders. We are therefore offering a unique international networking and learning opportunity, for a genuine career head-start. Additionally, we offer prize money of 500 Euro to recompense travel expenses, and a certificate, presented by the WHS Presidents Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten (Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin) and Prof. Dr. Shunichi Fukuhara (Kyoto University).
Terms of Application:
- Submission of one article with a focus on “Health”, which must have been published after January 1, 2014. The article must be informed by an appropriate scientific background.
- The article may be published in any form: print, digital, audible or visual. Audio and video content should be submitted via a corresponding web-link.
- Submissions will be accepted from all countries; however the content should be in English. Translations will be accepted if the original article is attached.
- Applicants should be at the beginning of their journalistic career with a maximum of 5 years’ experience.
- A short CV (one page), and a copy of a current passport must accompany the submission.
Please send applications to: science-journalist-award(at)worldhealthsummit.org
The submission deadline is September 1, 2015.
An expert panel will consider all submissions and inform the winning candidates shortly after the deadline. Please note that winners will be responsible for organizing their own transport and accommodation.
For more information: World Health Summit