Last week at the Diaspora Forum we met up with Steve Odhiambo, an entrepreneur, who’s using his knowledge to train African Entrepreneurs on the basics of doing business in Germany.
You might remember Steve Odhiambo as the founder of Uko Wapi, COO of Pro Data Gmbh and winner of the Galileo Masters Award by the European Space Agency. He has successfully raised over € 200,000 in funding for both businesses and definitely knows a thing or two about: starting a new business; fundraising and managing a business. Steve hosts training sessions discussing, how to:
- study trends in the market – which ventures will be relevant in the next couple of months/years?
- spot business opportunities – instead of checking what your friends/neighbours are doing and copying
- calculate ROI (return on investment) – how much profit will I get from investing in X?
- minimize risk and maximize returns – how do I get the maximum profit from my investment?
- fund a business venture – how can I find capital for my business idea?
Mkenya Ujerumani e.V. is partnering with Steve Odhiambo to sponsor 4 individuals to attend the class in Frankfurt on 17th June.
Who we’re looking for:
- Kenyan/African based in Germany
- Currently in business or planning to go into business
- Willing to travel to Frankfurt for the class
How to apply:
Send us a short profile on:
- who you are,
- what you do and
- why you should get sponsored to attend this class.
You can send your profile or nominate someone by sending their profile to mkenya[at]mkenyaujerumani.de or to our Facebook Page. If you cannot make it to Frankfurt, let us know which city you are in and you just might get a ticket for the Masterclass in your city.
Announcing the winner
We will announce the winners on 14th June.
More information on the event, watch the video below or check the event page here.