Ever heard of the AGCO Africa Summit or the AGCO Africa Ambassador?
The AGCO Africa Summit is an annual event held in Berlin that brings together key players from the agricultural sector to find solutions to help realise the next Agricultural revolution in Africa. Each year up to 200 participants join this international dialogue – among those Presidents of African nations, CEOs of multinational companies, senior politicians, economists and international development organisations.
The AGCO Africa Ambassador Program gives young Africans an opportunity to take part at the Summit as moderators and also to win some cash. Last year the winner was a Kenyan, Joy Jelimo Chelagat, (you might know her from KTN). Watch her application video below or check her event blog on her experience at the Summit here. Interested in taking part, read on:
“We must outrun the challenges we face in Africa. To do so, social media plays an important role – this is where the youth are. If we catalyze social and digital media for business and agriculture we can get the right messages to the right people.” – Joy Chelagat, AGCO Africa Ambassador 2014
- Hosting the AGCO Africa Summit on January 19, 2015 in Berlin, Germany.
- Representing your continent for AGCO as an AGCO Africa Ambassador at the International Green Week fair in Berlin, Germany from January 16-25, 2015 (collectively, the “Events”).
- Responsibility in regular reporting (bi-weekly) about trends and developments in African agriculture and economy as well as about AGCOs activities in Africa on Facebook and Twitter in posts, uploads and video messages during the one year contract period (when appropriate, participation at AGCO events in Africa).
- $10,000.00 cash award at the beginning of the one-year contract.
- Reimbursement for all reasonable traveling expenses solely related to participation as the AGCO Africa Ambassador.
- twenty-one (21) years old
- Proof of African origin and valid passport from an African country
- Present residence in an African country
- Fluent in spoken English
- Some experience with speaking in front of a large audience
- No record of criminal behavior including crimes of moral turpitude or which might bring AGCO into disrepute
- No membership in extreme, radical or violent groups including but not limited to groups which advocate the violent overthrow of any government
- No human rights offences
- Must be available to participate in both Events: International Green Week Fair (January 16-25, 2015) and AGCO Africa Summit (January 19, 2015)
- Must be eligible to receive a visa to enter Germany during the Event
- May not be an employee or immediate family member of an employee with AGCO
Rules of participation
- Eligible Participants may enter the Program by creating and submitting a video of themselves explaining why they should be chosen to act as the AGCO Africa Ambassador to Germany during the Event.
- The video must not contain obscenities or other objectionable content.
- Eligible Participants may enter as many times as they chooses so long as each Submission offers different content and perspective from a previous Submission by the Eligible Participant.
- Multiple entries of the same Submission will result in disqualification.
- Your video should be uploaded on our Youtube page www.youtube.com/agcocorp as a video response to the contest video, posted on our AGCO Africa Ambassador Facebook page www.facebook.com/AfricaAmbassador or Twitter page www.twitter.com/AGCOAmbassador or sent directly via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions must be no less than thirty (30) seconds and/or no more than three (3) minutes in length.
For more info visit AGCO African Ambassador.