The Coffee Directorate of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Authority (AFFA) of Kenya wishes to engage the services of an international marketing consultant, preferably based in Germany.
One of the products of AFFA is “Coffee Kenya”. Coffee Kenya is the branding of the best quality coffee produced in Kenya, aimed at better identifying and setting the Kenyan coffee apart in the market.
Germany has been the leading buyer of Kenyan coffee and has been purchasing on average 20% of the total Kenyan coffeee produced annually for the past 30 years.
The Coffee Directorate of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Authority (AFFA) of Kenya wishes to engage the services of an international marketing consultant, preferably based in Germany to carry out a feasibility study on the market entry requirements and potentiality of the use of the “Coffee Kenya” Mark of Origin in the German market with special emphasis on the value added coffee.
Consultancy companies wishing to be considered for the assigment are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) which should include:
- CVs of 3 of the lead consultants, who should at least hold a Master’s degree in Agricultural Exonomics, Marketing, International Business or International Trade
- Should have previously undertaken at least 6 comparable assignments, 3 of which should have been in the public sector. The assignments should have involved trade promotions, market entry requirements and tariff and non-tariff barriers in the market.
- Evidence of previous work done as stated above as well as letters of reference
- Certified copies verified by the Kenyan Embassy of certificates of incorporation/registration or relevant certificates from the respective countries.
- Knowledge of the working of the Madrid Agreement and Protocol
- Understanding of the Agricultural sector in Kenya, preferably within the coffee industry, Kenya’s Agricultural Sector Development Strategy (ASDS), the Kenya Vision2030 and the Coffee Kenya Mark of Origin as a Geographical Indication (GI).
- Familiarity with Food Safety Systems (ISO 22000, HACCP, BRC-IOP), Food Traceability (ISO 22005 – 2007) and other relevant ISO standards
- Understanding the requirements and operations of the German coffee market including but not limited to: coffee roasters, home based coffee consumers, office based coffee consumers, the retail chain stores, German coffee warehousing systems and the general public.
- Understanding of the requirements of partnerships and franchising in usage of the coffee Kenya Mark of Origin by the German coffee value chain players.
The Expression of Interest should be submitted in plain sealed envelopes and clearly marked, “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES IN CARRYING OUT A FEASIBILITY STUDY ON USAGE OF KENYA COFFEE MARK OF ORIGIN AND THE POTENTIAL MARKETS FOR KENYA’S VALUE ADDED COFFEE PRODUCTS IN GERMANY” to:
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
So as to be received on or before 15th February, 2016. More info here.