Akademie Schloss Solitude sponsors young artists, scholars, scientists, and economic professionals via residency fellowships only.
Are you interested in applying for a residency fellowship?
The application round begins on July 1, 2014, and ends on 31 October, 2014.
Application forms may only be obtained during this period and online applications are only possible during this period.
If you would like to apply, you will have to decide first if you would like to apply online or if you would like to hand in a postal application.
If you decide to hand in a postal application, you will be able to download the application form after registering and send all materials by post (postmark not later than October 31, 2014!).
If you decide to apply online you will be guided through the online application and asked to upload your portfolio as pdf (maximum 20 MB). Linking to soundcloud and vimeo is possible.
Please note: Once the application type has been chosen (post or online) it cannot be changed anymore!
The deadline for all applications is 31 October, 2014!
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines:
- Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning)
- Visual Arts (including performance art)
- Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance)
- Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication)
- Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation)
- Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition)
- Video/Film/New Media (incl. video installation, fiction and documentary) as well as in the art, science & business program:
- Social Sciences (with a focus on culture and the politics of space)
- Economy/Economics (with a focus on urban policy)
- Culture & Law (with a focus on authorship)
Application requirements for a residency fellowship
- You are aged up to 35 years, or you have completed a university or college degree within the last five years.
- You have completed your academic studies.
Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. Graduate students may submit applications.
- A limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants’ age. Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible juror.
- Would you like to apply as part of an artist group? In this case, each group member must fill in an application form on their own behalf. However, the various applications must be sent in a single application/mailing with the joint work samples. Artist groups applying online are asked to upload the same materials and refer to the group application.
- Knowledge of German, English or French is a prerequisite for application.
- If you have applied for a fellowship from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation), whose application procedure runs at the same time, you may not apply for an Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship.
- Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude cannot apply again.
- The Solitude fellowship is a residency fellowship. At least two thirds of the fellowship period must be spent at the Akademie.
- All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum). Applicants are obliged to register and pay the application fee (it’s an administration fee) of € 15 (no return of materials). This fee applies only to applicants from industrialized countries (see list of countries).