International students in Germany have the opportunity to apply for degree completion grants funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The grant is to support the students in successfully completing their course of study, making it possible for them to focus on their final exams and thesis.
Grant recipients will be selected by an allocation commission. As a rule, the funding period is up to three months.
Students who have received a degree completion grant in the past are not eligible to apply for a second time.
Application Period: July 1 until July 31, 2014
- The applicant:
- is an international students in a regular course of study: Diplom, Magister, State Examination, Bachelor’s, and Master’s. Not eligible are students completing their second course of study of a supplementary course of study (Zweitstudium, Zusatzstudiengang)
- must be enrolled in and complete a regular course of study at RWTH Aachen
- has acquired his or her university entrance qualification outside of Germany
- must be at least in the third semester of study in a Bachelor’s program or at least in the second semester of study in a Master’s program.
- has a GPA of3.0 or better
- has completed at least 60 percent of the qualifications/ETCS required for the course
- is expected to complete the course of study within the next eight months.
- is enrolled in the course for less than 17 semesters of study
- has a monthly income of less than 670 euros to finance his or her studies.
The application documents must be complete, providing all necessary information, including a complete series of bank statements – all incoming payments must be either comprehensible or explained by the applicant. Incomplete applications will be rejected!
You can apply directly to the University, some of the Universities that offer this scholarship are (the list is NOT exhaustive, if your Uni isn’t listed please confirm with them if they offer the grant):
- RWTH Aachen
- Uni Siegen
- Uni Osnabrück
- Uni Potsdam
- Hoschule Heilbronn
- Technische Hoschule Mittelhessen
- Hochschule für Musik Nürnberg
- Hochschule für Musik Freiburg
- Uni Duisburg-Essen
- Uni Jena
- Kunstakademie Münster
- Uni Augsburg
- Hoschschule Ravensburg-Weingarten
- Georg Simon Ohm Hochschule Nürnberg
- Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin
- Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen
- Uni Hohenheim
- HAW Hamburg
- FH Münster
- Hochschule RheinMain
- Hoschschule Weingarten