Remember the AFRIKA KOMMT program? (read here) They have opened application for the 2013-2015 group. If you are interested read on.
At the heart of the programme is a nine-month practical training in a leading German enterprise, allowing the participants
- to gain first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- to be exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- to become acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- to extend their international management competencies
- to initiate networks of cooperation partners between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
The programme, conducted in German, includes the following main components:
- One-month intensive German language course in Kenya
- One-year stay in Germany comprising of:
Three-months intensive German language course
Nine-months practical training in a German partner company
Four-weeks training course on international management competencies
One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g. „Regional Economic Development“ Weekend exposure tours covering cultural and social topics organised by the Robert Bosch Stiftung in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung in Hamburg
Cultural weekend activities organised by GIZ
- Six-months transfer phase after the stay in Germany via GIZ’s online platform Global Campus 21
- Two-weeks refresher course in Germany approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany
University degree e.g. in
- Business Administration, Sales, Marketing Engineering in various sectors
- Pharmacy, Chemistry
- Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) an advantage
Two to five years of relevant work experience Excellent English language skills
Basic knowledge of the German language an advantage Not older than 35 years and physically fit
Female candidates are welcome
The programme is aimed at highly-qualified and self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa. Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the programme requires candidates to have the following set of general skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
Excellent English skills
Strong oral and written communication skills High willingness to learn German
High leadership potential
Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation Strong capacity for teamwork
High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience Outstanding intercultural competencies
Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
The programme is financed by the participating German companies and covers:
- Intensive German language courses (face-to-face) in Africa and in Germany including fees, travelling, accomodation and living allowance
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany
- Living allowance of € 720,- per month
- Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany Health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany International management training courses
- Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany as well as cultural activities
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany as well as travel and accommodation during the refresher course
The monthly allowance of € 720,- ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, the amount is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives and for this reason they cannot accompany the participant to Germany. Additionally, the participants have to make arrangements to ensure the subsistence of their families in their home countries during their participation in the programme.
We recommend applicants to ask their employer for a leave of absence.
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented training programme. Participants will receive an official certificate by the initiators upon successful completion of the programme and a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training. However, a formal degree is not awarded.
Applications will be accepted from 1 October until 15 December 2012 only and must be submitted through the online application form on:
Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Africa (Nairobi) in February 2013 where the final selection of candidates will take place.
Closing date for applications is 15 December 2012.