The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Nairobi is currently looking for a Kenyan national or resident for the role of Cultural and Public Diplomacy Officer.
The application is to be submitted on or before March 18th, 2020 to email@example.com
- You will work with the teams from both the Embassy’s cultural as well as the Embassy’s press and communication section
- You will coordinate with German institutions in Kenya such as the Goethe Institute and the DAAD
- You will organise events
- You will liaise with Kenyan artists, creatives and media
- You will have adminstrative duties. including bookkeeping and accounting tasks, calls for tenders, procurement procedures, following up on invoices, filing and other general administrative duties
- You will maintain the Embassy’s website requiring to learn the proprietary CMS of the German Federal Foreign Office
- You will support managing the social media channels of the Embassy including the creation of content
- You have strong communication, organisational and presentational skills
- You have a capacity for analysis and synthesis
- You have a proven interest in public diplomacy and project management
- You are flexible to work on different subjects, within different teams
- You are sociable and have a sense of initiative
- Your command of English is excellent and your command of German reaches at least CEFR C1/C2 l evel
- You are a Kenyan citizen or you hold a residence and work permit for Kenya
Optional competencies would be:
- Good knowledge of Swahili
- Elementary knowledge of German culture
- Knowledge of Kenyan cultural and media landscape
- Good translation skills
- Basic knowledge of graphic design tools
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- We offer an exciting working environment in one of Germany’s largest missions in Africa.
- We will pay you a competitive salary and provide health insurance for you and your family.
- We provide training options in Germany and Kenya (including German language training).
For any questions related to this position please contact the Embassy via e-mail at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Qualified candidates for this position should submit the following documents in one joint pdf file. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Cover letter of not more than two pages describing how the candidate’s skills and experience fit the requirements of the subject position;
- Curriculum Vitae of not more than three pages;
- Copy of relevant diplomas/degrees/certificates;
- Professional references with complete contact information.