The International Summer Academy gives an overview on ecotoxicological risk assessment with a focus on the use of freely available methods and resources of remote sensing and spatial analysis using GIS. The course provides young scientists with inexpensive tools and programs that are oriented for use both in developing and developed countries.
Registration deadline: April 17th 2015
- Bachelor‘s or Master‘s degree in natural sciences or an equivalent qualification,
- Basic knowledge in GIS and methods for remote sensing,
- English language skills at minimum level B2,
- Motivation for participation
800 EUR, including registration fee, course materials, accommodation and social program.
For application please:
- fill out the application form (pdf),
- attach a copy of:
- your motivation of participation,
- your CV,
- academic certificates,
- language certificate English (if existing)
- and send all documents back by April 17th via e-mail (sommerakademie(at)uni-landau.de; preferred), postal mail or fax to the contact address.
After successful application you will receive an e-mail registration confirmation with an invoice. The full amount indicated in the invoice has to be paid within 14 days after the receipt of the invoice. A place in the program as well as accommodation can be guaranteed only after all fees have been received.
Young foreign and German researchers, graduate or advanced students who reside in a developing country facing severe environmental contamination or have a professional relation to this topic.
Participants from ODA countries (eligible to receive Official Development Assistance) can apply for scholarship (transportation, accommodation, course fee) thanks to funding by the DAAD. Scholarship will be assigned based on academic qualification, home country, motivation of participation and upon receipt of the application form.
Contact and more info: