According to a report issued by the Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftlichen Instituts (WSI) at the Hans-Böckler-Stiftung:
- 50% of the men got vacation benefit while only 38% of the women did.
- Only 25% of Employees who earn less than €1000 got vacation benefit, while 50% employees who earn €5000-€6000 did
- Western German 48% and East only 32%
- 36% small companies with less than 100 employees, while 56% for companies with more than 500 employees
- 45% of employees but 67% of employees with a Tariff contract