Internship: Project Assistant
The African Diaspora Policy Centre (ADPC) is an independent policy research centre that is committed to contributing to better development in Africa by mobilising the African diaspora in Europe. ADPC’s work focuses on three main interlinked areas: peace building, better governance and migration and development. ADPC conducts research, advises policymakers, organises trainings, workshops and conferences, and distributes publications. ADPC offers a unique platform for the African diaspora to exchange knowledge, network and share experiences. The centre was founded in 2006 and is located in The Hague.
In order to support its staff, ADPC is looking for an intern for a minimum of four months as of August 2013. The internship will entail 50% office management and 50% project assistance activities.
The intern will acquire practical and concrete knowledge and understanding of the management and implementation of projects on the European and international level, such as the European-wide African Diaspora Platform for Development (EADPD) project funded by the European Commission.
- Assist with desk-research activities for the EADPD Project ( completing and updating country profiles) Assist in preparing, translating, editing and updating documents
- Assist with the day to day administrative activities of the organization
- participation in events where ADPC will be actively engaged ( Afrikadag for example)
Required Capacities and Skills
- Flexible and able to work independently in a professional manner Master students with experience in research
- Strong African affiliation
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and communication skills Good proficiency of Microsoft Office and excel
- Preferably a native English speaker
Terms and Conditions
- Duration of the internship: 3 months (minimum), which is subject to review and possible extension. The intern will work three days per week (days to be decided upon mutual agreement).
- The position and activities undertaken therein are not subject to any form of financial compensation. ADPC shall not be responsible for the intern’s health and employment related insurance coverage. Starting date: As soon as possible.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English) not later than 15th October 2013, to
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact ADPC, and to ask for further information. Both Lili Bannenberg and Felicity Abouadje will be available to answer your questions. 070- 753 77 30