As a foreigner living in Germany, would you recommend others to come and study here? Out of those surveyed 6% of the total wouldn’t recommend Germany at all while 26% would. Worth noting is also that those from Developing countries (20%) were not for the idea as much as those from the developed world (34%) were to recommend Germany as the study destination of choice.
Seems Germany is more a destination for postgraduate studies (48%) than for undergraduate studies (45%).
If you ever wondered why people choose Germany, look no further here’s what the student said were their reasons.
Some of the reasons include:
- Good study conditions
- Academic freedom
- Improve knowledge of German
- Experience other learning and teaching methods
- Achieve technical know-how in a specific field
- Gain experience in research
- Wider choice
- Achieve foreign qualifications
- There was no other choice
Some of the thought that lead to students choosing Germany as their destination include:
To experience a different culture
- No tuition fees
- To leave my home country
- You can finance your studies with jobs
- Improve job chances with a German degree
- German Universities have a good reputation
- Germany is high-tech
- My family/home country has very close ties to Germany
- Friends/Family studied in Germany