Replace Lost Certificates Issued by KNEC


The Kenyan National Examination Council (KNEC) introduced a policy on the issuance of replacement certificates in 2009. So if you have lost a certificate that was issued anytime from 1981 to 2008, you can have it replaced by KNEC, read on to find out how.

You will need to attach the following documents:

  1. Copy of the certificate(s) or results slip(s)
  2. Letter of recommendation from head teacher of school attended or from PDE/DEO for private candidates and for candidates whose schools have closed down
  3. Sworn legal affidavit on identity of applicant
  4. Letter of recommendation from employer where applicable
  5. Police Abstract indicating loss of certificate(s)
  6. Knec Bank Deposit slip(Original)
  7. Copy of National Identity Card (ID)

The fees required for Replacement Certificate is Ksh 5,000.00 per certificate. Fees are payable at the KNEC collection accounts at the following banks:

  • Equity Bank
  • National Bank of Kenya
  • Co-Operative Bank of Kenya
  • Kenya Commercial Bank

You can download the application form and read more on the requirements from the KNEC Website.

Share with friends:

Comments are closed.