Over the last few years, Startup Mentoring by enpact has driven ambitious entrepreneurs to overcome obstacles, scale their business, connect internationally with partners and gain new insights to develop their strategy and strengthen their management skills.
You will be part of a 8-month mentoring journey along with 29 other highly-motivated and successful entrepreneurs: 10 from Europe and 20 total from East Africa.
As a Europe-based startup, you can choose between the “Startup Mentoring: West Africa + Europe” or “Startup Mentoring: East Africa + Europe” programmes.
who can apply?
- have a startup based in Europe or East Africa
- are beyond concept validation and prototype phase in their market
- want to improve their business operations with insights and best practices from experts and international mentors and other fast-moving entrepreneurs
- wish to experience an outstanding and long lasting personal and entrepreneurial journey alongside engaging in the enpact community
- are committed to doing the entire mentoring programme.
what is in it for you?
- work on new and exciting challenges to overcome with team, funding, product development, positioning, pivoting or business development
- explore new markets or consolidate within the national market
- pitch to an extensive network of partners (corporates, investors, influencers, etc.)
- gain exposure via international and regional media outlets
- exchange stories about failures, lessons, tips and tricks with the enpact community.
phase 1: application + selection
- deadline: 15th of april 2018 (East Africa) and 1st of june 2018 (Europe)
- Basic application to express interest and introduce your startup.
2. application shortlist
- deadline: 25th of april 2018
- Selected entrepreneurs will be asked for more information about their business.
3. interview + selection
- 22nd, 23rd and 24th of may 2018
- Shortlisted startups will be interviewed for final selection. Selected entrepreneurs will be asked to attend a kick-off day in July.
phase 2: 8 months of intensive mentoring
- july 2018 (exact date tbc)
- One comprehensive briefing day concerning the programme and the camps.
2. camp in berlin
- 6th to 11th of august 2018
- An intense 5-day event with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions, startup safaris and more.
3. mentors visit
- october – november 2018
- Mentors travel to meet the startups locally for intensive mentoring sessions and (when possible) field visits.
4. camp in nairobi
- in february 2019 (exact dates tbc)
- Another 5-day camp with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions and more.
5. monthly calls & local meet-ups
- july 2018 to february 2019
- Fellows will connect monthly with their mentors and other enpact fellows from their home country.
6. community forever
- Access to an international alumni network of more than 400 startups, mentors, experts and partners.
how much does it cost?
what do i get:
- 8 months of individual mentoring
- Participation in two Startup Camps
- Accommodation, catering and travel cost during the Startup Camps
- Your mentors visit you for up to three days
cost contribution: 650 euros for startups*
*The total cost of the programme is around 10.000€ per participant. Thanks to our donor, we are able to cover 95% of the cost. We ask participants to pay the remainder, as experience shows greater commitment if some payment is rendered.
what is not included:
- Your flights to the Startup Camps
- Insurance and visa fees
- Applicants will also have the chance to apply for a scholarship during the application process.
- These scholarships are provided by our partners and can help you cover the cost of your flights.
More info at: startup-mentoring.org