Application Deadline: July 10, 2015 (24.00 h CET)
The international fellowship program of the Bayer Science & Education Foundation supports extraordinarily gifted talents in order to help them realize individual study and research projects abroad.
Applicants should demonstrate a pioneering spirit for science and society, above-average study grades, a high level of motivation and a compelling individual project idea. The scholarship can be used for special study courses, individual laboratory assignments, summer schools, research classes, internships, or Master’s or PhD theses.
Scholarships are granted exclusively to students from German-speaking countries wishing to study abroad, or to foreign students who are interested in a study project in Germany.
programs and target group summary:
- Otto Bayer Fellowship: biology and molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutics, drug discovery
- Carl Duisberg Fellowship: Human and veterinary medicine, Medicinal sciences, medical engineering, Public health, Health economics
- Jeff Schell Fellowship: Agricultural sciences, agronomy, Crop protection, green biotechnology, environmental sciences, agricultural sustainability
- Kurt Hansen Scholarship: STEM education / science teachers (biology and chemistry)
basic selection criterions (in all programs):
- Individual study or research project (we support maximum duration of 1 year)
- Pioneering spirit and a passion for science and society
- Applicants must come for their project from abroad to Germany, or must go from Germany abroad
- Programs are open for students or young professionals up to 2 years after the most recent graduation
Applications can be generated from June 1, 2015 (11.00 h CET) to July 10, 2015 (24.00 h CET).
Click here for the online application form: Otto Bayer, Carl Duisberg, Jeff Schell and Kurt Hansen Scholarships
Please also up-load the following additional documents (either in German or English language):
- Confirmation letter of hosting institute
- Most recent study grade transcript
- Any additional individual documents which you might feel supportive (but please focus!)
- Photo of you (pass photo or working environment)
Approved file formats are: PDF, Word, JPG and GIF. Each attachment may not exceed 5 MB
Here you can view the form in advance.
The Foundation Team in Leverkusen (Germany, GMT +1) is happy to assist via phone (+49 214 30 41111) or email.