The variety of courses are enormous and searching on google for training courses can be overwhelming. Here a few tips and sites to help you pinpoint the correct offer for you.
Some of the questions you should ask before enrolling in a course:
- Is the course meant to improve your current position and possibly allow a promotion or is the course meant to allow you to shift to a new job/profession?
- How much money are you willing to spend?
- Are there scholarships offered? (Scholarships for the Weiter/Fortbildung)
- What types are there and which matches my situation? (Types of Fortbildung)
- What educational qualifications are required to take part in this course?
- What are my strengths/weaknesses? How do they prepare me for this course?
- Do I really have time to take part in this?
- What rights do I have? Can I take a study leave? (Laws regulating Bildungsurlaub)
The BiBB offers a self-evaluation document for those contemplating on taking up a professional training course. Find it here. The Stiftungs Warentest also offers a categorisation of institutions, check here.
InfoWeb Weiterbildung IWWB – an independent website that has over 2million courses listed based on title, location and dates.
Datenbank der Staatlichen Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht – lists all e-learning courses available
Datenbank des Bundesinstituts für Berufsbildung – e-learning courses
Hochschulkompass der Hochschulrektorenkonferenz – courses for professionals are listed under “berufsbegleitend” or “Teilzeitstudium”
www.seminarmarkt.de – for Management courses
www.fobil.de – lists various courses categorised according to the targeted professionals
Berufenet – offered by the Federal Job Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit)
Kursnet – offered by the Federal Job Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit)
Zentralverband des Deutschen Handwerks
Weiterbildungs Informations System– offered by the IHK