The Partnership with Africa Foundation (SPA e.V.) is a non-profit organisation based in Potsdam, Germany. Our goal is to promote civic engagement through civic education and to establish a sustainable, partnership-based cooperation between actors in Germany and Africa. We want to overcome misperceptions of the diverse political, economic, social and cultural realities of life on both sides.
Our programme “Go Africa… Go Germany…”, which is under the patronage of the German Federal President, each year convenes a group of outstanding German and African students and young graduates for a high-level education and exchange programme in Germany and up to two African countries.
To prepare the programme and implement the two-week programme in Namibia in March 2014, SPA e.V. is looking for a
Project Coordinator in Namibia
To prepare and implement the Namibian programme part of the German- African scholarship exchange “Go Africa … Go Germany 2013/14” in March 2014
The position is to be filled immediately and ends on 31 May 2014 after completion of the programme. The job assignment will be in Namibia. For applicants based in Germany, a quick arrival is expected. The position can be compensated on the basis of the German public service wage agreement (TVöD EG 13) with a service or fixed- term contract. SPA e.V. can arrange a furnished accommodation (including water, electricity, internet) for €350.00 monthly rent.
The Project Coordinator is assigned to prepare, organise and implement the programme according to the specifications of and in close cooperation with the programme managers of SPA e.V. He or she should also guide the local travel agency and coordinate the seminars and organisational components of the programme.
The activities are to be implemented in four phases (coarse classification):
- Fine adjustment and planning of the programme;
- Acquisition and content preparation of seminars and visits;
- Accompanying the two-week journey;
- Wrap-up and conclusion.
Description of tasks
- Planning and implementation of the programme in continuous and close cooperation with SPA e.V.;
- Research, acquisition and content related preparation of speakers and places to visit;
- Research, acquisition and organisational management of local service providers (especially travel agency; accommodations; technical equipment; transportation and logistics; hiring assistants; visits; meeting venues);
- On-site control of administrative processes (especially contract negotiations, financial controlling; accounting; supporting our accounting according to the specifications of SPA e.V. and the sponsor);
- Personally accompanying the study trip as tour guide (planned for 02-17 March 2014);
- Support for media and public relations;
- Project completion with final report and complete reporting of the funds used (according to the requirements of SPA e.V. and GIZ criteria).
- An academic degree in political science (or equivalent studies);
- Residence and work on-site would be of benefit;
- Good knowledge of the general political and social conditions in Namibia and in Germany;
- Existing network of speakers and other contacts for the travel programme would be of advantage;
- Good contacts in the political, journalistic and scientific areas of Namibia are desirable;
- Very good knowledge of the English and the German language;
- Distinguished intercultural skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent organisational skills.
Your application (cover letter, CV with portrait photo) should be directed via e-mail to jobs@german-african- partnership.org by 10 October 2013.