Some of you might be aware that the requirements for applying for the Au Pair in Kenya have changed. So here are the new requirements, ofcourse the usual visa form etc are standard thus not mentioned here:
- Au-pair contract, original and 2 copies of the same.
- School leaving certificate (plus KCSE certificate from KNEC)
- an obligation form by the German host family(taking over the costs, esp. for the return trip to Kenya)
- Proof of previous academics studies / professional trainings, if applicable
- Proof of language competence at minimum level of A1 in accordance with the European Framework of Reference. Certificates of the Goethe-Institute in Nairobi, KCSE certificate from KNEC having a minimum grade of B-, not older than 4 years and TestDaf are recognised.
- Applicant must be 17 years at the youngest and 24 years at the oldest at the time of application.
- Proof of medical insurance for the duration of stay with minimum cover of 30,000€., original and one copy
For minor applicants:
● Declaration of Consent by parent having the custody and care of the child together with a certification of a notary public, original and 2 copies of the same.
They have particulary changed the age limit (universal limit is 25) and the grade requirement as well as the “age” of the certificates.