The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Nairobi is currently looking for a Desk Officer for Political Affairs and Development Cooperation.
The application is to be submitted on or before October 31st, 2018 to email@example.com
- You will prepare official visits of German delegations to Kenya and make logistical arrangements for these visits.
- You will prepare, attend and report on meetings with implementing agencies, international and domestic partners.
- You will monitor projects and assist with analysis on human rights issues, humanitarian aid, counter violent extremism, democratisation et al.
- You will draft diplomatic notes and communicate with internal and external partners.
- You will carry out research, offer organisational support and administrate budgets.
- You are a team player and you have good organisational and management skills.
- You hold a university degree (Bachelor or above).
- You are familiar with Kenyan politics and also have expertise in regional matters.
- You have prior work-experience in a GO, NGO or in a diplomatic mission.
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of German, Kiswahili and/or Somali would be an asset.
- You master MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- We offer an exciting working environment in one of Germany’s largest missions in Africa.
- We will pay you a competitive salary and provide health insurance for you and your family.
- We provide training options in Germany and Kenya (including German language training).
Qualified candidates for this position should submit the following documents to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Cover letter of not more than two pages describing how the candidate’s skills and experience fit the requirements of the subject position;
- Curriculum Vitae of not more than three pages;
- Copy of relevant diplomas/degrees/certificates;
- Professional references with complete contact information.
The application is to be submitted on or before October 31st, 2018
More info available on the German Embassy website here.