Application Deadline: 11 March 2013
Start date: March 18, 2013
The African Diaspora Policy Centre (ADPC) is an independent policy research centre (think-tank) that is committed to contributing to better development in Africa by mobilising the African diaspora in Europe. ADPC’s work focuses on four main interlinked areas: peace building, better governance, migration and development and brain gain. ADPC conducts research, advises policymakers, organises trainings, workshops and conferences, and distributes publications. ADPC offers a unique platform for the African diaspora to exchange knowledge, network and share experiences. The centre was founded in 2006 and is located in The Hague.
In order to support its staff, ADPC is looking for an intern for a minimum of four months as of March 2013. The intern will acquire practical and concrete knowledge and understanding of the management and implementation of projects on the European and international level, such as the European-wide African Diaspora Platform for Development (EADPD) project funded by the European Commission.
- Assistance to the Office Manager
- Agenda management and planning appointments
- Making practical arrangements such as booking hotels and tickets Assist in communication (external and internal)
- Searching information
- Archiving data
- Updating databases
- Project Assistance
- Assist with research activities
- Assist in preparing, translating and updating documents Communication (external and internal)
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Preparations for workshops and project meetings
- Website & Social Media
- Regularly updating the information on the ADPC website Maintain social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter
Required Capacities and Skills
- Flexible and able to work independently in a professional manner University degree
- High level of thinking
- Strong African affiliation
- Excellent English writing and communication skills Command of Dutch and French an asset
- Strong networking skills
- Good proficiency of Microsoft Office
Terms and Conditions
- Duration of the internship: 4 months, which is subject to review and possible extension.
- The intern will work three to four days per week (days to be decided upon by mutual agreement).
- This is an unpaid position.
- ADPC shall not be responsible for the intern’s health and employment related insurance coverage.
- Please send your motivation letter and CV (both in English) by 11 March 2013, to info@diaspora- centre.org.