The Josef Umdasch Research Prize has been established in memory of the company founder, Josef Umdasch. As such, this award is an expression of the value placed of outstanding achievements by research and development. In 2016 the prize is internationally awarded again by the Doka Group and is endowed with EUR 50,000.
By directly connecting science and practice and instilling an entrepreneurial spirit within the framework of degree theses, the award is intended to lay an ideal foundation for students in particular to get started in their professional lives. Hence the Josef Umdasch Research Prize is an important part and visible sign set by the Umdasch Foundation, an initiative by Umdasch Group in support of educating and promoting young people worldwide.
- Monthly stipend of EUR 300 for three to six months
- Regular networking with your Doka contact
- Financing for materials, laboratory and travel, fees for advisory services of your institute, as well as any other expenses required to execute the project.
- Depending on project, it may also lead to a paid internship.
- You are planning to submit a final assignment for your university studies, college of applied sciences (FH) or equivalent education.
- You have an idea that might generate results of interest to Doka
- You want to work on one of the specific topics Doka is looking to support
- Your institute and your advisor are supporting your idea and your application
Within the framework of your final assignment for your university studies, college or applied sciences or equivalent education, you have the possibility to work on one of the specific topics Doka is looking to support or submit another topic that might generate results of interest to Doka.
- Engineering and production
- Wood technology, mechanical engineering, plastics engineering, metalworking, material sciences, material properties, automation technology, mechatronics, Industry 4.0
- Construction engineering, timber construction, concrete construction
- Industrial engineering, industrial logistics
- Supply Chain Management, Operations Management
- Other studies …
- … that might be of interest for a global company with in-house development, production and sales departments.
What do we need from you:
- Detailed entry form
- Recent testimonials and marks
- Letter of reference from your academic advisor and/or head of the institute
- Assurance of professional support by the university/college of applied sciences
For more information on the Josef Umdasch Research Prize and the entry form go to: www.doka.com/forschungspreis
Die Einreichung ist vorzugsweise digital an firstname.lastname@example.org zu richten oder in Papierform an die Doka GmbH, z.H.:Frau Mag. Julia Gruber, Josef Umdasch Platz 1, A-3300 Amstetten.