Mkenya Ujerumani is looking for a journalistically-minded freelance writer who is passionate and self- motivated. This position requires a self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional communication skills.
We’re looking for a writer to help research headlines about Kenya-German relations in the news, to write original introductions to said news stories, and to contribute original posts to Mkenyaujerumani.de. We also welcome creativity and unique posts.
The individual has to be self-enterprising, eager to learn about content management and interested in working in a rich environment in which self-penned pieces are heartily welcomed.
- Ability to read and understand German
- Good command of written English
- Disciplined, self-directed and deadline-oriented
- Come up with topic ideas
- Research on headlines
- Edit and publish content
- Attend events and write articles on them
- Flexible working times
- Location independent, you can work from any location
- Create a portfolio of your published work
- Play a role in educating, entertaining and inspiring readers
Please send a short email including
- why you’re interested in writing for Mkenyaujerumani.de
- writing samples
- which topics you would be interested in writing about
- where you are based
- expected renumeration
to mkenya(at)mkenyaujerumani.de. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.