SOWITEC group is one of the leading wind power developers worldwide. Established in 1993, SOWITEC has realised over 100 wind turbines in 30 different wind farms across Germany. Since 2003, SOWITEC has also been active internationally.
With more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC covers all areas of wind power development: Planning and design including wind measurements and calculations of energy yields and wind farm profitability, project construction management, sales and financing as well as technical and commercial management of operating wind farms. Additional business areas include the registration of CDM projects and the commercialisation of CO2-certificates and electricity yields.
SOWITEC’s success is based upon the combination of business experience, technical and commercial competence and a strong network of local capacities. These distinct features provide the foundation for previous projects and future ventures.
Project Developer (m/w)
Country of employment:
Place of employment:
Position vacant from:
Your basic prerequisites
- You are a Kenyan citizen and would like to take up a challenging task in an interesting international field of work in your home country.
- Here you are in demand SOWITEC is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, marketing, building and managing renewable energy projects worldwide.
- With its main office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC covers all areas of wind and solar power development: Planning and design including wind measurements and calculations of energy yields and wind farm profitability, project construction management, sales and financing as well as technical and commercial management of operating wind farms. Additional business areas include the registration of CDM projects and the commercialisation of CO2-certificates and electricity yields.
- For the new subsidiary in Nairobi, Kenya SOWITEC is looking for a Project Developer.
These are your tasks
- Develop wind and solar PV energy projects
- Attend and manage the entire development process from greenfield until construction
- Support identification, assessment and selection of potential wind and solar PV energy sites
- Secure land rights
- Negotiate with landowners, communities and government authorities of all levels
- Maintain all key relationships with third party stakeholders, particularly local authorities
- Project documentation
- Project budgeting and reporting of expenses
What you bring along
- University degree in electrical, civil or mechanical engineering, agronomy or related field
- Minimum one year working experience in a related activity (ideally experience in land securing)
- Ideally knowledge about Kenya’s renewable energy sector and frame conditions
- Ideally knowledge of Kenyan land acquisition processes
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skills and a confident manner with different types of stakeholders
- Good IT skills (MS office, ideally Autocad)
- Excellent command of English, good command of Swahili
- Good planning and organization skills
- Disposition to travel on an on-going basis
- Full driving license
- Result oriented and persistent
- Team worker
- Work under pressure and towards achievements
Please provide your full application including details on your salary expectations and earliest possible start date to the indicated contact person and cc to: Bianca.Kunz@zav-cimonline.de.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to job interviews.
Centrum für internationale Migration und Entwicklung (CIM)
Service für Rückkehrende Fachkräfte