The project is part of the RHUM-RUM initiative (www.rhum-rum.net) and supervised by Bernhard Steinberger in collaboration with Karin Sigloch (Oxford) and Heiner Igel (Munich)
You can expect a very diverse and challenging job in an international work environment that is characterized by exciting research projects. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the GFZ. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Moreover, there is a kindergarten located on the research campus.
The GFZ is a partner with Geo.X (www.geo-x.net), and as such it is well connected with other geoscience institutions in Potsdam und Berlin. Geo.X forms the largest regional cluster of geoscientific expertise in Europe and offers excellent opportunities for cooperation and development.
- Numerical modelling of mantle dynamics using the ASPECT code
- Scientific programming
- Analysis and graphical representation of data
- Developing realistic models of a mantle plume under La Réunion
- Comparing results with seismic tomography
- Presentation of results on conferences and in publications
- Diploma or Master in Geophysics, Physics or related discipline
- Interest in and familiarity with numerical modelling
- Interest in solid Earth science
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Good communication skills
|Starting date||Wednesday, 01. October 2014|
|Fixed term||3 years|
|Salary||EG 13 TVöD-Bund (Ost)|
|Working hours||Part-time (75%; currently 29.25 h/week)|
Please submit your application by 15 August 2014 quoting the reference no. 34/25/14 D via email to email@example.com. Please combine your application documents into a single PDF file with a size of up to 3 megabytes. We also ask for two recommendation letters to be sent to GFZ.
Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. Therefore we are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
We will retain your application documents for at least three months, even if the application is not successful. They will not be returned.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to call Ms Voellmann at +49 (0) 331-288-28878.