Kenyan Ski Champion, Sabrina Simader, is calling to well wishers on her Crowdfunding page to help her raise funds to get her and her mother to the Winter Olympics Games this February in Korea to represent Kenya.
Kenyan born and Austrian raised Alpine Ski champion, Sabrina Wanjiku Simader was the first to represent Kenya at the World Cup race and in Alpine Ski World Championships. She’s now aiming for the Winter Olympics. This will be the second time Kenya is represented at the Winter Olympics. The first time was in 2006 in Turin Italy, when Phillip Boit, a former marathon runner competed. Phillip Boit has been one of Sabrina’s key trainers.
The Kenyan Olympic Committee allegedly does not have enough money to sponsor Sabrina’s full participation and she had to look for sponsors. Some of her sponsors include Western Union, Global Life and Auto Laimer. However, she’s still missing the following funds and would like you to help her out:
- EUR 2,000 – for travel expenses to Korea for my mom Sarah
- EUR 2,400 – for excess baggage and various travel expenses to PyeongChang
- EUR 2,200 – for food and local costs of my team in Korea
- EUR 1,400 – for hire of training equipment (radios, snow drills, etc.) during the Olympics
- EUR 3,111 – for travel expenses to more distant races. Because despite my great sponsors and outfitters, I can only afford travel to races that can be reached with the team bus. For air travel to distant races such as Scandinavia, USA or Japan, the money is not enough.
Sabrina has promised to give back even as you support her, for each donation, you get a small thank you from her: You can donate by clicking this link.
- €11 – Help get Helioz donate Wadis to schools in Kenya
- €22 – An e-Card autographed by Sabrina
- €33 – An autographed postcard
- €66 – “Go go go Sabrina” buttons
- €99 – Snow leopard cell phone covers for iPhone 6/7 sponsored by Western Union
- €222 – Original shoes by Dachstein from the Kenyan Ski Team
- €333 – Autograph session with Sabrina at a company Event (excl. travel expenses)
- €555 – 2 tickets to a ski-race with Sabrina plus a meet & greet
- €1,111 – A day of skiing with Sabrina in her home town in Ennstal. Companies with up to 10 employees can sign up for this.
Lastly, if the amount raised reaches 7,777 euros, Austrian company, Helioz will provide ten UV measurement devices to measure the process of solar water disinfection, to schools in Kenya