The German-African University Partnership Platform for the Development of Entrepreneurs and SMEs in cooperation with the University of Nairobi, Kenya; Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, Germany and University of Cape Coast, Ghana, will this year be holding their annual entrepreneurship in Nairobi.
Wednesday 19th July 2017
University of Nairobi, School of Business
Universities, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development in Africa
Borrowing from experiences of developed countries as well as middle income countries, entrepreneurship triggers mobilization and redirecting of resources to opportunities with greater economic returns. Hence, university and industry linkages in diverse ways support enterprise development, participation of poor people in the economic process and creation of employment opportunities in Africa. Furthermore, the interaction of African universities with foreign universities promotes technology transfer to African enterprise and increases the chances of international market access through cultural awareness.
The conference aims at bringing together participants from academia, industry and other stakeholders that play pivotal role in the interplay between education and economic development. The event aims to build closer ties between universities and the business community to spur the sharing of knowledge and transfer of technology to industry.
The conference theme is structured into six sub themes. The conference welcomes contributions that cut across themes, address one specific theme or address the main theme, but cannot be assigned to a specific theme.
- Business and entrepreneurship in Africa: Success factors, barriers, perspectives
- African business in, and trade with, Germany and Europe
- University teaching and research for development in Africa: models,success factors, challenges
- Entrepreneurial education for employment and economic growth
- Intercultural challenges of university and business partnerships
- Sustainable/Responsible Business
- Social welfare and productivity: Challenges for the entrepreneur
- Undergraduate Students: Ksh. 1000
- Graduate students: Ksh. 2000
- Paper presenters: Ksh. 6000
- Participants without Papers: Ksh 2,000
Authors are requested to submit abstracts through: email@example.com
The abstract should not exceed 300 words (single spaced) written in Times New Roman Font 12.
Please note the following deadlines
Abstract submission: 31st March 2017
Full paper or Poster Submission 31st May 2017
Abstracts submitted will go through a review process and authors informed by 23rd April 2017, for purposes of preparations.
Final abstracts of all presenters will be included in the conference program, while final papers will be published in an electronic conference proceedings volume after the conference.
More info here.