Launched in 2011 by the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), The “Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowship” offers highly-qualified recent foreign postdocs the opportunity to conduct special research at institutes of the Leibniz Association in Germany.
The application deadline for the first round of selections is March 9, 2016.
Duration of the funding: 12 months
Leibniz-DAAD research fellows can undertake their research at the Leibniz Institutes listed in the following links:
- Section A: Humanities and Educational Research/Geisteswissenschaften und Bildungsforschung
- Section B: Economics, Social Sciences and Spatial Research/Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Raumwissenschaften
- Section C: Life Sciences/Lebenswissenschaften
- Section D: Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Engineering/Mathematik, Natur- und Ingenieurwissenschaften
- Section E: Environmental Sciences/Umweltwissenschaften
- Only Leibniz Institutes listed under the above links can accept fellows this year.
- Projects that do not correspond with the activities of the chosen institute can not be considered.
- During the application, you will be asked to provide the name of a host scientist or department at the chosen Leibniz Institute.
Terms of the Fellowship
Fellowships can be awarded for 12 months and include:
- a monthly instalment of €2,000,
- a combined health, accident and personal liability insurance as well as long-term care insurance in Germany,
- a research allowance of €460 per annum and
- a two-months German language course in Germany (if desired). Family-related allowances or support for travel costs are not provided.
At the time of application (date of submission of the application) applicants for a LeibnizDAAD Research Fellowship must neither hold German nationality nor have resided in Germany for more than six months.
- be able to prove their outstanding academic or research achievements,
- have completed their studies with a PhD or equivalent qualification (no more than two years should have passed since graduation), and pursue a project for which the respective Leibniz Institute can offer an adequate infrastructure and scientific environment.
- have excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of German is welcome
Please submit your application online through the DAAD online portal.
|You can obtain further information and application details at: www.daad.de/leibniz