The Center for Agriculture in the Tropics and Subtropics of the University of Hohenheim announces the International DAAD-Alumni seminar, held from February 02 to 10, 2015 in Stuttgart Hohenheim, Germany.
The seminar is targeting German university alumni from developing countries (according to DAC-list) who are working and are professionally involved in the fields of organic agriculture, poverty alleviation, social and ecological sustainability, biodiversity, resource management, food systems, agricultural extension, quality management, processing and trade.
The program comprises lectures, presentations, discussions, workshops and excursions to organic production sites
Deadline: November 21, 2014
The seminar will address four thematic blocks:
- The concept of “organic agriculture” and the role of agricultural extension
- Trade and certification (the role of associations and extension services; quality standards, quality control, impact on poverty alleviation and sustainability)
- Market trends in the agricultural sector – impact on small holder production and sustaina-bility in developing countries
- Strategies for the promotion of organic agriculture in developing countries
- Resident of a developing country (according to DAC-list)
- German university alumnus/alumna. A stay in Germany of at least 3 months for study, scientific research or business purposes has to be proven
- Preferably first time attendant of a DAAD Alumni school
Candidates preferably are:
- Working in the field of organic agriculture, food security, poverty alleviation, social and ecological sustainability, biodiversity, resource management, food systems, agricultural extension, quality management, processing and trade.
- Scientists or professionals interested in multiplying and disseminating the acquired knowledge in his/her home country.
- Postgraduate level.
If you are interested, please send your application until November 21, 2014 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application (in English language) must include the following documents in one single pdf-file:
- Letter of application including your motivation for participation / your interest in the topic.
- A detailed C.V. (please use attached template). CV_template_for_application.docx
- Proof of stay in Germany for scientific research purposes, study or work for at least 3 months. Please indicate if you are a PhD candidate.
- A passport size portrait photograph.
- A one page abstract on one of the topics related to the topics of the seminar. Arial font type, font size 11, 1.5 line spacing. The contribution will be presented during the seminar.
The seminar will be held in English.
Arrival: February 02, 2015 (arrival at the airport).
Seminar including excursions: February 3 – 10, 2015
Visit to Organic Trade Fair BIOFACH 2015 in Nuremberg: February 11-13, 2015
Departure: February 14, 2015.
For any further inquiries please contact the organisation team:
Margit Völmle / Juzha Zillich / Dr. Barbara Ramsperger
Tropenzentrum (790), Universität Hohenheim
Garbenstrasse 13, 70599 Stuttgart
Fax: +49 (0)711 459 23315
Phone: +49 (0)711 459 23543