The global debate on innovative business models is of central importance for companies as well as the governments of Kenya and Germany; albeit from different angles and possibly with varying objectives.
EurActiv Germany has therefore organised for key players from both sides to come together and share experiences and how best to incorporate the needs of both countries.
The Kenyan embassy will address the economic situation in Kenya, including different perspectives, objectives and expectations.
The discussion will generally focus on:
- What is the economic situation in Kenya and what are the opportunities for German investors?
- Which reforms and challenges is Kenya facing and what role could the EU play?
- How can innovative business models more effectively support economic cooperation between Germany and Kenya?
- Can bilateral initiatives between companies and industrial sectors in Germany and Kenya (or measures between both countries) supplement existing measures of the European Union – or might these even be more efficient?
- How can added value within Kenya lead to the creation of prosperity in rural areas?
Kenya: A lion on the go! Innovative business models in Kenya
Date: Friday, October 17th 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Venue: The Federal Press Conference, Schiffbauerdamm 40, 10117 Berlin
Supporters: Embassy of the Republic of Kenya, Boehringer Ingelheim, German African Business Association
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ute Heinbuch, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
H.E. Ken Nyauncho Osinde – Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
Andreas Lämmel – German Parliament
Asmau Nitardy – German – African Business Association
Samuel Agutu – Changamka Microhealth Ltd
Dr. Michael Rabbow – Boehringer Ingelheim
Michael Gahler – European Parliament
Moderator: Thomas Franke, EurActiv Germany
The event will be held in English.
The application deadline is October 12th 2014. If you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our office. (Telephone: +49 30 2088 9003, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The number of participants is limited. Among those invited are politicians, scientists, and representatives of think tanks, interest groups, corporations and media.
We sincerely hope you will accept our invitation to take part in this workshop. If you choose to attend, we would kindly ask you to apply by filling in the application here. For more information please follow this link.