The head of Kenya’s blueprint to long-term development, Prof. Gituro Wainaina will be visiting Germany to talk to the Kenyan Diaspora in Germany. Prof. Gituro Wainaina, replaced Mugo Kibati, at the helm of the Vision 2030 Delivery Secretariat (VDS) late last year.Prof. Gituro Wainaina, will be one of the key speakers at the Diaspora Day event organised by the Kenyan Embassy in Berlin, to be held on 10th May in Frankfurt. He will give a presentation on Current Investment opportunities in Kenya for the Kenyan Diaspora in Germany.
As consulting economist and educator, with a PhD in Agricultural Economics, an MBA and Bachelor of Education degrees, he has numerous publication under his belt e.g. “An analysis of the efficiency of the foreign exchange market in Kenya.”; “Chapter 17 in the Introduction to Business: A Kenyan Perspective.” just to name a few. He has extensive working experience with the World Bank, CARE International and the Education Ministries in Kenya, Malawi and Rwanda.
The event will also be graced by
- Dr. Mary Asiyo – an Ophthalmologist based in Lüneburg. (Read: Highs and Lows of Being a Kenyan Doctor in German
- Muthoni Schneidewind – a social entrepreneur from Hamburg who specialises in Kenyan Coffee (Read: Kenyan Social Entrepreneur Creating Brand Awareness for Kenyan Coffee
- Wambui Mwangi – an artist, entrepreneur and a former radio show hostess from Berlin who has introduced Kenyan calabashes to the German market (Read: Kenyan wows the Germans with Kenyan calabashes)
- Virginia Wangari – an social activist and the head of Maisha in Frankfurt (Read: Kenyan Social Activist- Helping Women Integrate)
- Sydney Odhiambo – a student from the Organisation of Kenyan Students in Hessen (OKSH e.V.) (Read: Kenyan shares on experience as a HiWi
They will be discussing topics on Entrepreneurship, Legalities of living in Germany, Being a student in Germany, Stress Management in the diaspora and many many more.
There will be entertainment from various Kenyan groups and artists including Eunice Miano, the second runners up of the Face of Africa Germany. Yours truly will also be there 😉
You DON’T want to miss this!!! There’ll be lost of Kenyan food and fashion on display (If you missed the invitation by the Ambassador)
Kenyan Diaspora Day
on 10th May, 2014, from 11am
MUSIKSCHULE GOLDENE TASTE
60433 Frankfurt (am Main