At the top of student worries in Germany is financing their studies 38% and interactions with German students 38%. At the very bottom of the worries is acceptance to a German Uni, seems foreign students are confident enough in getting admission.
Other challenges many have faced include (from the top):
- Orientation into the German Education System
- Looking for a room or apartment
- Getting a work permit
- Interaction with Germans outside the Uni
- Applying for the visa before arriving and extension issues at migration offices in Germany
- Interaction with German Professors
- Recognition of academic qualifications from the students’ home countries
- Performance demands from their study course
- Understanding German
Are you a student in Germany? What else do you think should be added to this list of challenges?